In order to maintain the high standards of this studio, please observe the following:
Ballet is the foundation of all dance technique and it is highly recommended that all students take at
least one ballet class each week.
Ballet is required for all students taking lyrical/modern or jazz classes.
PRACTICE WEAR (required for all classes)
Hair must be neatly secured up and away from face and neck. Ballet V/VI must have buns.
- Toddler Dance and Tumble - solid color leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes
- Kinderdance - solid color leotard, (absolutely no attached skirts), pink tights, pink ballet shoes
- Ballet/Tap Combination Classes - solid color leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, tan buckle
- Ballet/Tap and/or Jazz Combination Classes - solid color leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes,
tan buckle taps, tan jazz
- Lyrical/Modern - any color leotard or Dance top/shorts and footless tights lyrical "undeez or
- Ballet - solid color leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes with elastics sewn in
- Pointe students must be fitted by a professional with the consent of the studio director.
- Jazz/HipHop - any color leotard and tights, tan split-sole jazz shoe, (Jazz pants or shorts and
dance tops OK), dance sneakers for HipHop
- Tap - any color leotard and tights (Jazz pants and dance tops OK)**Check with instructor for
correct shoe style.
Cover-up and street shoes must be worn to and from class.
Be sure names are in all dance equipment. Dance South is not responsible for lost items.
Please be on time! Latecomers disrupt class.
NO FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED IN STUDIOS.
Students are not allowed to leave the studio after they have been dropped off. They must be picked
up at the front door.
Tuition is due the first class of each month. A late fee will be added after the 10th of each month.
Every class has an alternate class time in which a student may make up an excused absence.
Absences, holiday closings, or snow closings are not deductible and non-refundable.
The studio will not necessarily close for snow days, regardless if area schools are closed. A message
will be left on the studio voice mail if classes will be canceled. Make-up classes will be available.
In the event of inclement weather, please call the studio. Our voice mail will let you know if classes
are canceled. Again, you may make up these classes.
Holidays will generally follow school schedules. Holiday dates will be posted in studio prior to
holiday periods. The studio is closed for Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Spring Break, and
Memorial Day. Dance South does not close for all school holidays.
The studio must be notified in writing one month prior to the discontinuance of lessons. Parents
are responsible for that month. Any prepaid tuition is non-refundable.
Dance South does not carry medical insurance for it's students. It is required that all dance
students be covered by their own family insurance policies and if injury occurs it is understood that
the student's own policy is your only source of reimbursement.
Please notify the studio if your child has a medical problem that might require attention during
class and the steps to take.
Private lessons are available at an extra charge to learn a routine for a competition or pageant, for
extra technique help, or extra help if classes have been missed, etc.
In class observations are available as long as arrangements are made in advance with the instructor.
You are always welcome to view through the observation window, unless it is too disruptive to the
class in progress.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to discuss it with us whenever it does not
interfere with a class. We are always interested in improving our dance education program.
Please do not leave children unattended at any time. Do not allow children to play in studios or
outside building. Do not allow children's behavior to be disruptive to class in progress or to
Periodically check front door and front desk for upcoming events and important information.